Using Ecommerce Customer Service to Drive Sales and Build Customer Loyalty
Given the high expectations set by industry leaders, Ecommerce customers are very demanding. However, these demanding customers are proven to be loyal to brands and merchants that individually identify, remember and tailor to them.
3 Customer Service Stats That Truly Matter
These 3 stats make a strong case for re-thinking your customer support from the ground up.
The ecommerce marketplace is highly crowded. For even the most niche products, there are dozens (if not hundreds) of online stores selling them. If customers don't get the service they expect, they will not hesitate to take their business to your competitors in an instant.An ecommerce customer service request should thereby treated as a make-or-break situation that will decide whether the customer will do any future business with you. But this is also a moment for your brand to shine and stand out. Exceed their expectations and you may just win a brand advocate for life.
Making Customer Data Accessible For Customer Support Teams
Business use a number of systems to store customer data. This data needs to be made available to support teams to drive meaningful, personal and contextual conversations.
Think about the last time you got a memorable customer service at a retail merchant. The most successful store agents observe visual cues and offer assistance that is appropriate for the situation. Do you want to be left alone or do you need help? Are you in a hurry? Are you a serious buyer or just killing time? The best associates use visual cues as context and tailor the experience for you.
Fortunately for ecommerce stores, the customers of your online store leave a huge footprint of data just by browsing your website. Most successful ecommerce teams are able to harness this data and:
- Prioritize and offer proactive support to customers which are further down the funnel and in need of assistance
- Allow customers to view orders and their live status, refer FAQs and contact support from one place
- Provide context to agents so they enter the conversation with full view of customer's journey
3 Best Practices For Ecommerce Support Teams
These 3 best practices will help you stand out in a crowded marketplace and build long term customer relationships.
1. Unify your ecommerce service channels:Using separate tools for live chat, phone and email is a big no no. This will break the chain if the customer switches the channels and you’ll find your reps switching back and forth between multiple tools and slow down the time to resolution.
2. Put your data to work:While you may not have visual cues in the case of an online shopper, you have access to something even better, the customer’s ecommerce data and browsing activity. By organizing this data and extracting context, you can allow your agents to speed up response times and deliver highly personal customer interactions.
3. Automate common support scenarios:You don’t want to hide your agents behind an army of bots and FAQs, as this can easily frustrate a customer. But you can use intelligent automations for eliminating unnecessary contacts and delivering engaging self service and greatly improve the first response resolution. 60-70% of ecommerce service requests are repetitive. These can be readily addressed through root cause analysis and sensible automation using bots that can perform order related actions like refunds, returns or cancellations.
How can Richpanel help?
Richpanel is helping customer support teams deliver amazing support by centralizing customer data, insights and customer messages in one beautifully simple platform
Richpanel is one of its kind ecommerce customer service tool that uses ecommerce data to personalize and automate ecommerce customer service. With deep integrations ro platforms like Shopify, Magento and Woocommerce, Richpanel is able to provide data-rich customer profiles next to each conversation so agents have full context.
With Richpanel, agents can perform order operations like cancel or refund inside the helpdesk. The suite of tools help you with every aspect of ecommerce customer service including managing multiple channels, measuring the impact of customer service on sales and automating service scenarios. Teams using Richpanel report 50% higher agent productivity and 20% faster first time resolutions.
You can signup with Richpanel and start delivering amazing support. Create a free account or request a demo.